Here are some answers to common questions we get about AutoPilot and our AIMS software.
- Can more than one person use my account at the same time? Is there an extra cost?
- Can I bring my contacts over from Outlook or from my old contact manager?
- Can I sync my AIMS database with my smartphone?
- But I thought syncing was a good idea? And as a bonus you always had your data in 2 places for back-up purposes.
- What kind of support will I get with AutoPilot and AIMS? Do you offer telephone support?
- Does AIMS work on a Mac?
- Do you share or sell my client data or personal information to anyone?
- Whose data is it anyways? When I put my client information into AIMS, who owns it and who can see it?
- How secure is the information I enter into AIMS?
- How reliable is my AutoPilot service? Will there be downtime?
- How is my data backed up?
- Do you ever update your AIMS software to add new features?
- What if I have ideas or suggestions?
- Can I get a discount off the monthly subscription price?
- What are my payment options?
Can more than one person use my account at the same time? Is there an extra cost?
Here’s the catch: Every user will log in with the same username and password. This means that every user will be “equal” in their access to the features and functions in the system:
- All users can add, edit and delete contacts
- All users can send emails
- All users will have access to all contacts
- All users can delete all contacts (and we cannot recover them for you)
- All users can close the account
There is no distinction that Sally added this account, John deleted that account, and Linda added this note. As far as the system is considered, you are all the same person.
While this is a great feature and won’t cost you an extra dime, we suggest you use it with caution and only share your login and password with those people you trust 100%.
Can I bring my contacts over from Outlook or from my old contact manager?
Can I sync my AIMS database with my smartphone?
With AIMS, you will use AIMS Mobile to access your contacts from your iPhone, Blackberry or Android device. You will be accessing your live data in real time, not a copy of your data.
With live data, if you add a contact on your mobile device it is the same as adding a contact on your computer. Or if your assistant back at the office adds a contact, you will see it on your mobile device immediately. Watch this video to see how it works.
But I thought syncing was a good idea? And as a bonus you always had your data in 2 places for back-up purposes.
If you have ever tried to sync your client database, you know the problems that always come along with syncing. Like duplicating all the contacts in your database, getting your data corrupted, or worst of all, accidentally deleting all of your contacts with no way to get them back!
In regards to data back-up, AIMS backs up your data daily with multiple redundancy. If it would make you feel better, you can save a copy of your own data by doing an export anytime you want to. Go to Settings -> Export Data.
What kind of support will I get with AutoPilot and AIMS? Do you offer telephone support?
If you are still stumped, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and someone will get back to you promptly.
As far as telephone support goes, we have found that we can effectively serve our customers through the video tutorials and email support, without the need for an expensive telephone support staff. Our customers appreciate us keeping our prices as low as possible.
Sending an email to email@example.com will get your fastest response as that email account is monitored 24/7.