Yes, you may have SEO optimized your company’s website and have harnessed the pages of local newspapers for ads but a good thing to remember is to add email marketing to your marketing mix. Why?
Here are five good reasons for any serious small business owner:
1. Build relationships with existing customers/ clients
2. Update your existing clients or customers with your latest promos, services and products
3. Turn interested persons into clients or customers by building a relationship with them too
4. Convert interested persons to customers/clients by sending them the latest promos, services and products available
5. The budget for e-mail marketing is friendly to any small business owner since it is easy to set-up and maintain.
Just don’t commit these two major common e-mail marketing mistakes that usually put companies in the bad light:
Building an e-mail list that is not specifically targeted to your customers/clients
Make sure your email lists consist of customers/clients who opted to receive them. It is infuriating to anyone who receives unsolicited emails, and this is now popularly known as “spam.” An inbox is considered online personal space so , avoid becoming one of those email marketers who consistently barrage people with unwanted email.
Subject lines and words that are considered spam
Almost all email clients have anti-spam filters that will automatically label email messages as spam if they contain words that are considered spam. Take the time to craft your email messages carefully, and become aware of the words that might get you labelled as spam.